Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Cribbage Resume

For some reason it seems that typing about my cribbage exploits will lend credence to the ramblings I post later.

I was born on January 21, 1977. I only mention this because it's 1-21. And in cribbage 121 is the number of points needed to win a game.

As I mentioned, I joined the American Cribbage Congress (ACC) in 2000. In the 9 years since I've played in all 3 of the ACCs different divisions.

The ACC has a Grass Roots program. Players play at local clubs around the country in a 36-week season. I've racked up 1,626 Grass Roots points (GRPs) in 9 years. Lifetime that ranks me roughly as the #600 player. I've won my club 3 of the 9 years, once in Fremont, CA and the last two years in Antioch, CA. This year I racked up 297 GRPs, placing me, I think (the final numbers have not been tabulated), in the top 20 in the country. My goal is to become the #1 ranked player all-time in this division. That will take the better part of the next 50 years, but I think I can do it.

The ACC also conducts weekend tournaments, for which is awards Master points. I played a lot on the weekends the first few years I was in the ACC, but then life (kids) happened, and I don't play very much. I've racked up 1,504 lifetime MRPs, which is good for about #850 on the all-time list.

And then I've played in the ACC's Internet division a bit too. I'm in the top 100 or so lifetime, under the screen name cornellbigred99, with a little over 600 Internet Rating Points (IRPs).

The other interesting thing of note is that I was actually the webmaster for the American Cribbage Congress from 2001-2004. I gave the site the design it still has today (which needs updating I admit) so I will reference it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment