Friday, June 5, 2009

Grass Roots Season Recap

I had my best Grass Roots season ever this year. Grass Roots is the local club division of the ACC. There are some 200+ clubs around the country that meet local up to 36 times a season. You play 9 games of cribbage and anyone who ends up with 12 or more points in a night collects Grass Roots points. You get two points for a win and three points for a skunk. I play in Club #54 in Antioch, CA.

This was the first season I played all 36 weeks. I finished with 297 points, scoring points in 20 of 36 weeks, including a silly stretch in the middle of the season where I scored in 13 out of 17 weeks. I won 61% of my games. I ended up edging out Tad Pilecki for the club championship, my second in a row. Tad finished with 242 points, which would have won the club last year.

The Grass Roots data isn't final yet, but it appears I may have made the unofficial All-American team (the ACC honors it's weekend tournament top 10 with this honor, but not the local club level). The standings as today look at follows:

1. Elmer Rassmussen 333
2. Tom Cookman 324
3. Albert Miller 321
4. Craig Jensen 306
5. Erik Locke 299
5. Jim Blough 299
7. Clyde Ross 298
8. Paul Gregson 297
9. Pamela Pomeroy 296
9. Joe Lilly 296

No comments:

Post a Comment